10.17.2007

You dont need those plastic bags!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's said that each year one person uses at least 130 plastic bags a year. Majority of them go straight to the landfill and rarely recycled. You have got to swap those plastic bags for re-useable bags. We actually bought several IKEA bags for .59 cents each. I keep 3 in my trunk and my husband does as well. I have been amazed how sturdy they are at the grocrey store, plus I can fit alot more in them then the average cotton Wholefoods or Publix bag. I use them everywhere Target, Costco, any place I know I will be coming out with a bunch of goods. Wholefoods give's you .5 cents back for each bag you bring. IKEA is currently charging .5 cents a plastic bag to encourage enviromentally responsible behavior, wouldnt it be sweet if places like Walmart, grocrey and retail stores did the same?? Every little bit helps!
Visit IKEA

No comments: